Saturday, April 30, 2011

Day 50

We are more than half way through our journey now, and that makes me a little sad.  I knew that it would be hard to say goodbye to any horse that I ended up with for this competition, but I didn't think it would be this hard.  Hey Marley, want to live in a tiny apartment downtown?

We had a nice ride today.  It was really windy and some nasty storm clouds were threatening us the entire time, but Marley didn't seem to mind and I ended up riding for about 45 minutes.  He is getting into shape and we are starting to do some fine tuning.  The canter is improving slowly but surely.  I'm working it on the ground and under saddle so I'm hoping that will help to build his strength a little more.

Next weekend we are going to Abbe Ranch for their spring clinic, and if anyone in the Denver area or north is going and is interested in picking us up, I would really really appreciate it.  I had a trailer lined up but now it's broken and I am without transportation!  Yikes! We were planning on arriving Friday evening to give Marley a night to settle in, as this will be his first time off grounds.  Feel free to just shoot me an email, my address is listed on the right hand side of this page.  Also, I have the ability to pull a bumper pull if you have a trailer you're willing to loan.  Thanks everyone!

Here are the photos from Day 49 from Katherine Payne

Photo by Katherine Payne
Photo by Katherine Payne

Photo by Katherine Payne
Photo by Katherine Payne


















Photo by Katherine Payne
Photo by Katherine Payne

No comments:

Post a Comment