Monday, April 25, 2011

Day 46 - A nice day off for Marley

Well, after thoroughly planning my day, I figured out that the only way I was going to get to see Marley today was to be up bright and early (5:30 AM to be exact).  We didn't do any work today, but since it had rained all day on Easter, I wanted him to get some exercise at least.  Besides, I feel really guilty leaving him alone for the day, and feel as though even if I can't spend much time with him, some love and carrots are always beneficial.  It would be different too if Marley got to go out all day into a pasture with other horses and stretch his legs, but he doesn't.  The only time he gets out is when I come to work with him.  I would love for this to change for him.

Tomorrow I'm planning on devoting my evening to Marley and plan on picking back up with the new exercises and warm-up routine given to us by Jake.  I can't wait to get him out of the arena, but for now we'll keep working with what we have.  

No comments:

Post a Comment