Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Day 89

Once again, a short update because well, there just isn't much to say.  Marley and I had a really nice ride this evening and enjoyed our time together.  I realized that he has never drug anything before and that is one of the requirements which I have overlooked, so, I tied my lunge line to a pole and off we went.  It was a little scary at first, but we took baby steps, and pretty soon Marley was dragging that thing all over the arena without a care.  I'm not really sure if that's what the judges are looking for, but at least our last minute training session will hopefully take the scary aspect out of it.

Photo by Steve Heller

I'm so excited to meet all of the other mustang trainers, everyone has been so helpful and supportive of each other throughout this competition, that it really doesn't even seem like a competition.  These horses really are the stars of this show, and the respect and love shown to them has been really heart warming.  I'm lucky to have had this opportunity.

I plan to ride at the arena in Fort Collins tomorrow to give Marley a chance to see an indoor for his first time ever, and get to meet some of the other horses.  I have the trailer packed, the tack cleaned, his health certificate, and a record of his temperature from the last few days... Fort Collins, CO here we come!

5 comments:

  1. My heart is with you. Blessings and a safe time in Ft. Collins. You and Marley are WINNERS no matter what happens. Thanks. Terry

    ReplyDelete
  2. You and Marley have come so far! Be so very proud of him and yourself no matter what happens:) Sending good thoughts your way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have done an amazing job and allowed Marley to become an ambassador for all mustangs. The competition will be a wonderful showcase for all you have accomplished together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck this weekend. Keeping my fingers crossed for both of you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can't wait for your updates! I am so hoping that Marley comes home with you. Seems like you belong together.
    Relax and have fun! You two will do great!

    ReplyDelete