Sunday, March 27, 2011

Day 17

Small steps are still being taken under saddle with Marley.  Today we worked on some transitions, because breaks are good.  Marley is comfortable under saddle now so he is no longer "stuck" in place, or apprehensive to move.  Instead, as I knew he would, he has a lot more "go" than "whoa".  This is ok though, as in order to get anything done, I need Marley to be moving forward and not just stuck in one place.  It is a good building block and I don't think it will take him long to figure it out. 


I brought in some of the same flexions which we worked on yesterday as a warm up, and he picked it back up immediately.  I think I'm going to switch into an English saddle tomorrow, though I'm still going back and forth on this idea.  I might also skip the ride and move into the large arena for lunging and some ground work.  Basically, I'm indecisive at the moment, so you'll have to check back tomorrow for an update!


No comments:

Post a Comment