Monday, July 7, 2014

Waiting Game

I wanted to post a quick update on Marley, as we are still not back in work yet.  The hematoma, while getting better, is basically doing what hematomas do and taking forever to heal.  I'm trying hard to avoid having it drained, as that can lead to a whole new set of issues, including infection.  I am letting Marley loose into the arena for light exercise, but I don't want to make it worse so we have been taking it pretty easy.  Our days are consisting of cold-hosing, grooming, long walks, and some clicker trick training sessions.  We are brushing up on our old tricks, and have some new ones on our to do list, so stay tuned for some of those.  I'll most likely have the vet take a look at him at the end of this week again, just to be sure everything is healing like it should.  Sighhhhhh.... Never a single injury and as soon as I am ready to ride, train, and write, we are all laid up.  Isn't that the way it goes with horses?  Sorry for the very short post, but hopefully I'll have more for you soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment